Welcome to the 2019 Fargo Youth Baseball Coaching Application. The Fargo Youth Baseball board and staff would like to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to coach this summer. Without volunteers like you, we would not be able to run a successful organization.
Here are a few items to note and be aware of for the upcoming season:
1. This registration will include the volunteer information. This will take the place of and save you time in having to fill out the volunteer form and returning to our office. If you prefer not to fill this information out online, you will have the option to select "no", but you will then still need to fill out the 2019 Volunteer Application .pdf. This document will be included in the following pages to download and fill out. It will also be available on our website under the "Clubhouse" tab, then "Coaches" link. If you choose to fill this out manually, please submit the completed volunteer form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The Fargo Youth Baseball organization emphasizes the importance of player development. Baseball is a game of repetition and one of the most important pieces in the development of every player (regardless of age or ability) is PRACTICE. We ask that every team practice at least 1 time per week.
3. Please be aware that Fargo Youth Baseball is not assigned any designated practice fields. Practice fields are on a first come, first serve basis and this is a Fargo Park District policy that we must abide by. If more than one team is at a practice field, we ask that the teams work together to utilize and maximize the available space so all teams can get their practice in. We do understand that this is not always ideal and we are in continuing talks with the Park District to come up with a better policy.
4. A coaches meeting will be held prior to the season. At this meeting you will also pick up your equipment bag, bucket of baseballs and game balls. Additional information will be emailed our and posted on our website once the dates and details are finalized.
5. Facilities: due to the high demand and usage of the ATTIC, we are asking that the ATTIC be utilized for team and small group practices only. The Metro Rec is available for individual use. Please be sure to share the rules and policies for both facilities with your players and parents (i.e. no gum, seeds, spikes, muddy shoes, etc.). We ask that you bring a second, clean pair of shoes to keep the turf clean.
6. Appoint a team parent to handle all off field duties. This will help relieve some pressure from the coaches. This person can assist in sending out mass emails to the team regarding practices, games, team events, etc.
7. If any issues arise during the season, please ask your parents to contact you, the coach, first. If it is something that needs to be brought to the FYB office, we ask that the coaches contact the office. In any instance, no matter if it is a coach or a parent, please abide by the 24 hour rule before contacting anyone.
8. HAVE FUN and make the season fun for the kids. Everyone wants to win, but the season is what you make of it.
Please direct questions to:
Select an option to continue with the registration.